Join Citizens First in Ottawa as we host, "Beyond GDP", the first of nine live sessions in the 2018 series, Transforming Capitalism Lab. This lab will bring together Ottawa thinkers and change-makers for a delightful and stimulating conversation on how we might reframe the way we understand capitalism.
"Beyond GDP" contemplates how we might create economies that generate well-being for all. The way we create and measure progress in our economies around GDP is leading us down a environmentally, socially and personally destructive paths. Most visible in developed economies, more GDP does not translate into more well-being.
The nine live lectures for 2018 include: Beyond GDP, Nature, Labor, Capital, Technology, Business, Government & Democracy, Education & Learning, Integration & Synthesis.
The Transforming Capitalism Lab is brought to you in collaboration with co-founder of the Presencing Institute & MIT Sloan School of Management, Senior Lecturer, Otto Scharmer and the Huffington Post.
To join this learning journey and lecture series:
- Join our Ottawa Meet-up Group for up-to-date meetings and locations.
- Register on the Presencing Institute website to have access to the learning tools.
The Lab is an opportunity to learn together, stimulate new- thinking and to look for opportunities to solve problems differently (innovate).
The design challenge: How can we measure progress toward generating sustainable and inclusive economies that create well-being for all (people and planet)?
To support the Lab we will use a number of tools previously developed by Otto Scharmer and his colleagues.
What will you gain from this experience? You will:
- hear from expert thought-leaders in the field
- learn about some inspiring examples of change from around the world
- receive methods and tools that will help you turn your own emerging ideas into action
- connect with others working on similar challenges in their community
- more details here
Our first meeting will be held in the Blue Room, 2nd Floor, 25One Community, 251 Bank Street.
Paid parking is available on Bank Street and side streets. This is an accessible space and an elevator is available.
- Doors open at 9:30 am
- Live Lecture at 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Brief discussion and next steps at 11:00 - 11:30 am
Should you have any questions before hand don't hesitate to contact Michelle at 613-286-3217 or email@example.com.
Otto Scharmer challenges our fundamental approach to problem-solving. Listen to this video for a brief example.